The purpose of this declaration is to formalise and notify all interested parties of the values and principles that inspire CONNEXIA in the provision of services for the organisation and staging of events, fairs, conferences, shows and national and international exhibitions and the development of communication campaigns, from conception to completion and review of the results.
The integrated management system is based on the principles of sustainable development that have inspired CONNEXIA’s activities:
- Social responsibility;
All of CONNEXIA’s activities aim to involve both internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that the main aspects of sustainability are shared and understood.
Inclusivity is sought through careful analysis of each event to identify all parties that could be considered as stakeholders with respect to activities covered by the management system.
This allows each stakeholder to contribute to the management system by providing their own point of view through tools such as surveys, online discussion forums and meetings.
Stakeholders are encouraged to contribute through these means of communication, with the positive effect of continuously increasing their involvement and reciprocal learning.
All of this allows CONNEXIA’s objectives and decision-making process to be completely clear and transparent.
Feedback information is documented where it is deemed to be necessary and useful. Constant, two-way communication is also used to share decision-making and action taken to promote sustainability in order to increase stakeholders’ awareness and understanding of the principles underlying the CONNEXIA policy.
Once the key groups of stakeholders participating in each event have been identified, these groups will be reviewed and updated as necessary.
CONNEXIA is committed to promoting the principles of sustainability within the communities in which it operates and in its relationships with partners, suppliers and customers. The fundamental principle is to interact with all stakeholders in an open, honest and fair manner. Such integrity is preserved by complying with policies and operational procedures regarding issues such as corruption, employment rights, respect for diversity and training.
CONNEXIA undertakes to comply with the relevant legislation as well as regulations and codes of conduct applicable to the areas in which it operates and with any other commitments made within the policy.
A procedure has been drawn up to ensure that the rules and regulations applicable to events and to the management system itself are regularly updated.
The above commitments regarding integrity mean that all suppliers are required to work under the same principles, especially with regard to the labour code.
CONNEXIA also ensures compliance with the principle of integrity through periodic audits; a specific procedure has also been drawn up for conducting internal audits.
CONNEXIA is aware that the activities included in its management system have an environmental, social and economic impact, and therefore strives to adopt, as far as possible, sustainability best practices applicable to the relevant activities in accordance with the ISO 20121 standard.
CONNEXIA is committed to supporting sustainability issues and providing training and making decisions that, where appropriate, can reduce negative environmental impacts.
Event venues are also reviewed to ensure that the impact of the event is duly addressed throughout its life cycle. Cooperation between organizers, clients and local public authorities is encouraged to facilitate the achievement of sustainability objectives and ensure compliance with the policy in place. Any issues identified are translated into objectives and targets that facilitate the proper management of economic, social and environmental considerations.
CONNEXIA staff skills are reviewed periodically to identify any training opportunities that could contribute to the improvement of the management system. Training and skills development are key principles of sustainable development, resulting in greater dissemination of knowledge and experience. In the event of a discrepancy between the skills required and those held, CONNEXIA shall quickly draw up a training programme to ensure that the people involved acquire the necessary skills.
All activities carried out by CONNEXIA are as transparent as possible and are therefore documented in the most appropriate way.
The organisation chart and job descriptions identify the persons responsible for each activity and allow staff members to understand their role within the management system.
Through the documentary information provided in the management system, CONNEXIA tracks the key results of meetings, decisions made and actions taken by key personnel and operational teams.
Information requests from second and third parties are considered by the management system manager, who provides feedback within a reasonable time.
The company website provides easy access to all information and documents relevant to sustainability commitments, while ensuring transparency and providing a communication medium for stakeholders.
The outcome of each event is documented in order to record the new knowledge acquired and to contribute to achieving the undertakings made in terms of sustainability and continuous improvement.
STATEMENT OF INTENT AND VALUES
CONNEXIA’s main aim is to create and maintain a sustainability management system for the events in which it participates as a supplier to the organisation, by respecting the following values that underpin its operational practices:
- Create a working culture that encourages sustainability by ensuring that issues relating to sustainability are given due consideration;
- Enable staff personal development and increase the resources available through innovation, training and learning;
- Allocate sufficient resources to ensure the proper functioning of the management system;
- Promote the use of materials and resources that have an impact (direct or indirect) on the area covered by the management system;
- Seek to reduce negative impacts on the environment to ensure sustainable growth that respects the needs of future generations;
- Manage relationships with stakeholders in a transparent and inclusive manner, in accordance with the sustainability principles identified, encouraging their feedback and support. This approach includes sharing knowledge and good practices, in order to encourage stakeholders to adopt appropriate behaviours for sustainable event management;
- Use products and services that respect the principle of sustainability throughout their entire life cycle, in order to encourage the integration of social responsibility and strategic thinking;
- Incorporate sustainability principles in the supply chain and require suppliers to operate in accordance with this principle wherever possible;
- Ensure that all staff are working safely and in a healthy environment;
- Consider the effects on local communities as part of the decision-making process;
- Maintain an adequate profit margin to ensure long-term value creation;
- Carry out activities in an honest and transparent manner;
- Improve your reputation by supporting local communities and ethical business initiatives;
- Ensure that events have a positive impact, including in the long term.
This declaration of intent and values is the cornerstone of the sustainability policy.